Sunday 25 May 2014

Simple Sunday Brunch



It's Sunday morning, the sun is shining after a day full of rain yesterday and it's time for one of my favourite meals of the week - brunch!
I don't know why but I always end up making a bit more of an effort on Sunday mornings than I do for any other morning through the week.  Weekday breakfasts usually consist of yogurt, a toasted bagel or more recently, a bowl of cereal (Graze have started a new breakfast box and it's a-may-zing!).  I used to be able to sleep in until gone noon but now I tend to wake up around 7am but force myself to stay in bed as long as possible.  When I can lie still no more I leave Mr Jones and the cats dozing and tip toe to the kitchen.

This is one of my absolute favourites and it's so simple you don't need to measure or weigh anything!

Slice a ripe avocado in half and gently rub a slice of lemon on all sides - it not only stops the slices from going brown but it adds a hint of flavour.




Fry an egg until it reaches the consistency you like.  I like a runny yolk for dunking!

While the egg is frying toast a bagel.  I'm completely addicted to New York Bakery Co red onion and chive bagels at the moment but any savoury bagel would be good or you could even make your own!

Once the egg is cooked and the bagel toasted (and slathered in butter, of course!) plate everything up.  Drizzle a little balsamic vinegar over the avocado slices and sprinkle a pinch of black pepper.  The tart balsamic balances out the rich fattiness of the avocado wonderfully.




Now it's time to sit down with your favourite section of the Sunday paper and tuck in!


2 comments:

  1. Your brunch looks great. I love avocado. www.loveandlimoncello.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SO good! The balsamic vinegar balances out the fatty avocado perfectly and it's so easy to make!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...