Wednesday 3 December 2014

Photo a Day: November




"Remember, remember the fifth of November 
Gunpowder, treason and plot. 
I see no reason, why gunpowder treason 
Should ever be forgot." 

Guy Fawkes' night was a bit confusing this year - some people set off their fireworks the weekend before which was also when a lot of little ghosts and ghouls were out trick or treating, some people stuck to the actual day and some people chose the weekend after.  Some people just didn't care and set off fireworks whenever they felt like it!

November is also important because it is host to Remembrance Day (Poppy Day) to remember the armed forces who have sadly died in the line of duty.  This year there has been a spectacular installation at the Tower of London, Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red, to mark 100 years since Britain's involvement in the First World War (which my great grandfather fought in and thankfully lived through).





 I've not had a chance to visit it but am overwhelmed not only by the impact of the sea of red around the Tower is but also how many people took an interest in it.  Thank you to all members of the armed forces past and present who have helped to keep us safe and free!

One last November thing - Thanksgiving!  It's just another day here in England but love seeing all of my friends tables laden with tasty treats!  Oh…and Black Friday - I work in retail so it's the first really important day for sales with some truly impressive bargains to get you in the Christmas spirit!

This is the first month I've not had a photo for each day….shame on me…I think I've done ok though considering it's the end of November and not yet missed a day!  I work in retail and as you can imagine, this time of year is the busiest for everyone in stores, head offices and warehouses making sure customers can get their products!





Earworm of the month:  A late one but "Dominic the Donkey"- yes, the festive season is here!  I always forget about this gem of a song because before it was publicised on Radio 1 years ago (and correct me if I'm wrong), I don't think it was that well known!  It's such a fun song that I urge you to add it to your festive playlist!

Film of the month: It's a tough one because I don't think I've seen any outstanding films this month…Guardians of the Galaxy is the winner though because who doesn't like a space fighting comedic raccoon?!

Tv of the month: Sorry, it's American Horror again!  I've worked my way through the series and this month has covered American Horror Asylum and American Horror Coven.  I hate it when you get to the end of a series and you kind of miss the characters - American Horror uses a lot of the same actors so I've been following some spooky story lines as well as some of my new favourite people (Jessica Lange!)

Favourite food of the month: I can't share any links on this because the best food by far this month was not made by me but was at the wedding I went to - Indian food but not your average restaurant food!  I'll be totally honest with you - I wouldn't even know where to begin to try to recreate some of the flavours as I'm not that au fait with Indian spices.  I can assure you that everyone at the table loved all of it!  Maybe I need to try out some new recipes with Indian spices…?

Favourite find of the month: Bloggers!  Where are you?!  Send me your links because this month I've not found any new favourites!

Best day: Definitely the wedding Mr Jones and I went to in Westonbirt!

Worst day: At work I left my Android and Google team at to move to the accessories team - so sad to leave my work friends but I will be working hard to learn more about the systems we use at work and make sure the nation has enough tablet, laptop and Mac accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...