Saturday 1 November 2014

Photo a Day: October



We just did the second to last "pinch, punch, first of the month" because it's now November!  Where has the year gone?!

October is one of my favourite months - summer is well and truly over, the temperature is lowering (although not that much so far!), leaves are various shades of red and gold, the air is scented with wood smoked from neighbour's fireplaces and it's the best time of year to get the blankets and scarves out!
What's good to eat this time of year?  Some of my favourites!  Cob nuts, beetroots, artichokes, parsnips, rocket…all delicious and perfect ingredients for my favourite comfort food recipes!

We celebrated Diwali, the festival of lights,  at work this month - there was dancing, decorations on the floor made from powder, tasty snacks and I think everyone really enjoyed it!





Earworm of the month: Did you know Queen have a new album out?  Unreleased material was found and has been carefully assembled including "Let Me in Your Heart Again" which I can't get out of my head but it's so lovely that I'm ok with that!

Film of the month: Some Like it Hot - I've never really been one for watching anything filmed before the 80s but it was such s fun film!

Tv of the month: American Horror Story - I watched a few episodes ages ago but got back into it this month.  It's creepy, there are twists galore and it's perfect for Halloween!  I'm only up to season 2 so no spoilers if you've already seen it!

Favourite food of the month: Sushi from the new place in town, Zest.  I'm going to go and get some after I've finished writing this…

Favourite find of the month: Michaela Haze - we used to work together yeeeeeeeeears ago but have kept in touch thanks to Facebook etc and was excited when she shared the link to her blog.  She's fun, intelligent and super sassy so pop by and have a read!

Best day: Two really good days this month - having a sushi making lesson from Jack in his new juice and sushi place in town, Zest, and taking a work coach trip to the offices we should be moving in to some time next year - it was absolutely amazing!  

Worst day: Another good month - no bad days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...