Saturday 4 October 2014

Photo a Day: September



Hasn't this year flown by?! I can't believe we are a couple of months until Christmas is upon us!  I do like this time of year - leaves turning beautiful colours, the smell of fireplaces starting to be lit around the town, shorter days (I hate being woken up too early on summer mornings with the sun trying to get through the blind!) and the need for warming comfort food and a soft blanket.
September is the time of year to get stuck in to some delicious (and some of my favourite) seasonal veggies - beetroots, artichokes, broccoli, kale.  Not forgetting the fruits, it's the best time of year to get rummaging around your local hedgerows to find some blackberries!




Earworm of the month: "My Life" by the Kaiser Chiefs - it seems to be on the radio most mornings and so I tend to have it going through my head at least until lunchtime!

Film of the month: Dom Hemingway - Jude Law plays a newly released from prison safecracker on the hunt for the money he's owed.

Tv of the month: Dr Who.  Of course it's Dr Who!  I'm really enjoying Peter Capaldi as the Dr and the story lines have been better than they have been for some time.  

Favourite food of the month: Really simple, easy to make and cheap - roasted root veg drizzled in balsamic vinegar and maple syrup with little nuggets of haloumi.  I like to roast an entire tray of veg and then take the leftovers in for lunch the next day!

Favourite find of the month: Mello Mallo - another Laura who makes really amazing marshmallows!  We follow each other on Twitter but I had the pleasure of strolling round the Berkhamsted farmer's market with her and then enjoying some tea and cake.  I got a sneak peek (and taste) of her Christmas flavours so keep an eye on her Etsy shop for when they become available!





Best day: I met Mary Berry!  She came in to work and I was lucky enough to spend a few minutes with her.  I brought in a book my mum and sister put together for me with some of their own recipes, cuttings of nice looking food and some pictures.  Ms Berry flicked through the pages and thought it was a really nice idea then signed a page for me!





Worst day: No bad days - it's been a pretty good month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...