Thursday 17 July 2014

"Green Slime"



Excuse the bad phone photos but I had to post this!

Avocado and banana mashed together used to be a favourite of mine...fast forward 23 years...

 My skin has been really dry for the last few days.  I've been drinking lots of water and tried a face mask last night but still no good.  I remember seeing online (probably Pinterest) that avocado is great to use as a face mask for dry skin.  Ok, hands up, I'm more into face masks out of a packet and prefer my avocado as part of Sunday brunch but my face so felt tight  and itchy that I was willing to try anything!

I mashed up half of the avocado (the rest can be for lunch!) and all of the banana then added a small squeeze of lemon juice.  

While I was mashing I suddenly had a flashback! "Hang on a minute! This looks mighty familiar!"
And so it is!  My mum used to make this for me and my sister when we were little and my Gramps called it "green slime"!





So there you go! It's good for you from the inside and also on the outside and do you know what?  After leaving the green slime in my face for about 15 minutes it does actually feel smoother and not dry any more plus the leftovers are sitting in the fridge for dessert!

Avocado is well known for its fatty properties so is great for nourishing skin. Bananas have all kinds of vitamins that moisturise and possibly de-wrinkle your skin.

From the inside, avocados provide healthy fats and vitamins.  Bananas are high in potassium and stimulate healthy bacteria in your gut.

Yay avocado and bananas!!!

It's ridiculously easy to make to either smear on your face or eat for pudding - 1/2 an avocado mashed with a small banana!  That's it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...