Sunday 1 June 2014

Photo a Day: May

Google said Happy Birthday!



Can you believe we're halfway through the year already?!

May is one of my favourite months - the April showers tend to have subsided, the flowers are out, the sun is shining and everyone dusts off their BBQs.  Oh, and it's also the month my birthday falls in!
Did you know that know that no other month begins or ends on the same day as May (according to Wiki)?  It's also host to Mother's Day in the States (my mum lives in America but I aways honour the English one!) and apparently International Hamburger day on the 28th so perfect for when the weather's great and you can get your grill going!


Here in the UK some of my favourite veg are at their finest - asparagus (have a look at my risotto recipe to make the most of them!), broccoli, spinach and rocket.  I don't need to a calendar to tell me rhubarb is also in season - the one that emerges in my garden every year has turned into a monster!





Song of the month:  "Eez-Eh" by Kasabian - I had this song stuck in my head from the first time I heard it!  It's a really bouncy and fun song so perfect for summer! 

Film of the month: "Lego Movie" - everyone I know, including myself, played with lego when they were younger so to see a whole film where they come to life was brilliant!  There were some really funny lines and scenes, super catchy song ("everything is awesome, everything is cool when you're part of a team...") and a bit of a twist at the end - don't worry, no spoilers here!  Oh and not to mention a bloopers clip!

Tv of the month:  "Adventure Time" - what with me turning a year older this month I had to pick a cartoon!  This is a seriously crazy cartoon that has a few "what the heck?!" quotes dotted about.  It's filled with brightly coloured characters and scenery and with each episode at 11 minutes long is the perfect thing for my short attention span!

Favourite food of the month: Without a doubt, my Sunday brunch!

Favourite find of the month: I thought I'd add this in from now on because I've found some of my favourite links and regularly visited blogs and sites from other people's "round ups" - I'll highlight my most-liked site in the hope that you too, dear reader, will enjoy my finds!

I can't for the life of me remember how I came across Fie's lovely blog, Coffee & Confetti...I'm so glad I did though!  She is studying, she travels, she cooks and one thing I liked the most and found inspiring is her "101 in 1001" - her New Year's resolution was to tick off 101 goals for the year and put £10 into savings every time she did something from her list.  Brilliant, hey?!  Please take a minute to stop by her blog and you will see why I bookmarked it!

Best day: My birthday!

Worst day: No "worst days" at all this month - woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...